[SUMC] Competitions and Team Selections

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Sat Oct 24 16:28:38 BST 2009

Dear all SUMC members,

Each year the SUMC compete in several bouldering competitions throughout the
year and I am emailing you about team selections and giving you some
background information about the competitions we participate in.

There are 3 competitions this year we are competing in:

   - 4th - 6th December - WUBC: Welsh Universities Bouldering Competition in
   Bangor, North Wales
   - 13th February - WUBC: Welsh Universities Bouldering Competition in
   Dynamic Rock, Swansea
   - 2nd - 14th March - BUCS: British Universities Bouldering Competition in
   Sheffield

The SUMC require 3 teams of climbers. In each team there are 2 males and 1
female, which means we need 9 people to compete this year. Last year, our
first came 3rd in BUCS. Our first team also won the Cardiff round of WUBC
and won Varsity. In each bouldering competition there are a range of easy
problems/routes varying to the extremely hard problems which means you are
not expected to be climbing V8 or really strong, anyone of any ability can
compete.

Team selections will be held Wednesday 28th October - which is this coming
Wednesday. This is on our normal club Wednesday trip to dynamic rock. We
will meet outside Fulton House at 2PM and drive to Dynamic Rock, if you
drive please tick the car option when signing up. Its £4.50 plus a quid or
so for petrol. Team selections will involve a mini-style competition to sort
out who will go into which team. Once teams have been set we will compete in
these teams throughout the year - so keep your weekends free!

If you can't make it on Wednesday - don't worry, reply to this email letting
us know and we'll sort something out.

*CLIMBERS! - we need you to compete*. Please come on Wednesday! Competitions
are a laugh and are really fun, even if we don't win. Swansea came 3rd last
year out of many universities up and down the country, please help us
maintain our pride!

See you Wednesday,

James

Management Rep.