[SUMC] Teaching

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Fri Aug 13 19:49:28 BST 2010

Hello climbers,

 Hope you're all having a great summer and getting lots of climbing done.

 As most of you probably know, at the start of the Uni year we rely on our
more experienced members giving up some of their climbing time to teach our
newbies the basics. So this year we're looking for people to come along and
teach the Freshers at Dynamic Rock on our usual Monday night sessions. The
opportunity to teach is open to everyone who is a member at Dynamic Rock.

 Don't worry if you're not sure you're ready to teach. An induction will be
provided at Dynamic Rock which will act as a mini-course, teaching
instructing methods as well as general safety stuff, and offering you the
opportunity to ask any questions you might have. The induction will be
compulsory for new instructors, as it is a requirement of Dynamic Rock
before they allow you to sign in three guests. It's also open to older
members who've taught before if you fancy it, or if you feel you need a
refresher or anything. We're organising this years induction with Dynamic
Rock, so hopefully it should be quite useful and informative.

 We know that asking you to give up some of your Monday sessions is a fairly
big request, so we try to give something back – for every week you spend
teaching Freshers, you'll get a free Monday climbing session at Dynamic
Rock. Also, the more people who sign up to teach, the less time each person
will be needed for as we'll work on a rota, so please sign up - even if you
only teach once it'll be much appreciated.

 If you're interested in teaching at all next year please reply to this
email with your *name* and *contact number*. Even if you've taught before,
could you please still reply to let me know if you'll teach this year, so I
can make a rota.

 Cheers all,

 Amy