[SUMC] Fwd: Craving and Sensation seeking in Climbers Survey

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Mon Feb 22 16:42:12 GMT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: PINNINGTON H.A. (489009) <H.A.PINNINGTON.489009 at swansea.ac.uk>
Date: 22 February 2010 14:19
Subject: Craving and Sensation seeking in Climbers Survey
To: sumc at sumc.org.uk

 Hi there,

My name is Hollie Pinnington and I am a student currently studying Sport
Science at Swansea University. I am currently conducting some research which
aims to better understand some of the psychological factors assocated with
the many climbing disciplines. The research project is part of a joint
research project based at Swansea University and The University of
Glamorgan, in the United Kingdom. Results from the study will go on to
develop knowledge in the area of sport psychology.

I am seeking active climbers aged 18 and over to take part in the study. All
participants will be required to answer a questionnaire consisting of 3
sections (the first is personal information to help us categorise the many
disciplines, ability levels and experience levels of different climbers. The
second section assesses tendencies to seek varied, novel and intense
sensations, and the third section assesses the motivation levels experienced
by climbers). The questionnaire itself will take no longer than 15 minutes
to complete and
ALL RESPONSES WILL REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND WILL ONLY BE USED FOR THE
INTENDED PURPOSES OF THE STUDY.

If you are over 18 and activley climbing your participation would be much
appreciated!

If you are interested in taking part, some further information and the
questionnaire itself can be found online at <http://www.surveymonkey.com/>

www.climbingquestionnaire.co.uk

If you have any further questions before taking part or any other comments
please feel free to email:

Hollie Pinnington (489009 at swan.ac.uk)

David Shearer (d.a.shearer at swan.ac.uk)

Many thanks and safe climbing!