[SUMC] North Wales Weekend Away - 19th to 21st November

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Fri Nov 12 00:14:32 GMT 2010

Hello,
we've our second weekend away trip of the year in a couple of weeks, which
will be to Snowdonia in North Wales.  This is a spectacular area of the
country, with some of the best mountain climbing around, so won't be a trip
to miss!

There will be options for a variety of activities including trad. climbing,
bouldering, sport climbing and hiking up mountains.  We'll be staying in a
bunkhouse at the Snowdon Inn, near Llanberis, which is pretty comfortable
(has beds!) and is home a certain climbing legend called Johnny Dawes...

The important details are as follows:

-Cost is £30, which covers transport and accommodation
-Leaving time is 1800 on Friday 19th, from the front of Fulton House
-Aim to return to Swansea on the Sunday by 2200

Food arrangements are:
-Stop for tea/supermarche for weekend supplies on the Friday
-Have dinner at a cafe in Llanberis on the Saturday evening (Pete's
Eats<http://www.petes-eats.co.uk/index.asp> -
great food and very cheap, so full of climbers!)
-Stop for tea (KFC!) on the way home on Sunday
-Unfortunately there aren't any cooking facilities (only a kettle for tea!).

List of essential items to bring - Let us know if you've not got anything on
this list, as we may be able to lend you one:
-Sleeping bag (there are beds)
-Any climbing gear you have
-Waterproofs and warm clothes
-Strong shoes (some of the crags planned have a rougher approach, so strong
shoes/hiking boots are recommended.  Hiking boots are essential for anyone
wishing to go hiking)
-Trousers to climb - NOT JEANS
-Rucksack to carry everything to the crag
-Torch

The sign up will be open from 1200 tomorrow, if you're interested in coming
visit the Events section of our website to put your name down, with any
equipment required.  If you're not sure what you need, please write so in
the 'Other' box, rather than ticking every option!  Places are limited to 18
for this trip due to there only being 18 beds in the bunkhouse.

The names of those members running the trip are already on the sign up,
could you please amend your sign up if needed.

Kind Regards
Tom Webber