[SUMC] Upcoming Trips

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Sat Feb 26 18:13:49 GMT 2011

Hey folks,

Just to let you know of the next few trips we have on the calendar, more
detailed emails will be sent out for each trip nearer the time.

*Sunday 6th March* - Gower Day Trip
*
*
*Cost: £5*

-We'll be climbing at Three Cliffs Bay, where there is plenty of low grade
routes suitable for beginners to practice leading. There's also a bit of
sport relatively close.

*18th to 20th March* - BUCS/Peak District Weekend
*
*
*Cost: £20 - £25*
*
*
-The club is off to the Peaks for the BUCS bouldering competition in
Sheffield, but those not competing will be heading outdoors on the grit for
a weekend.

*2nd to 7th April* - Snowdonia Easter Trip
*
*
*Cost: approx. £50*

-At Easter we're heading to North Wales for 5 days of climbing in the
mountains.

-The trip will be more mountaineering orientated, with plenty of multi-pitch
trad, scrambling and hiking, but there will also be some opportunity for
sport/bouldering (depending on drivers/competent people)

-Although the trip is more of a 'holiday' than a club trip, anybody is
welcome to come. The trip will be run slightly differently from others
though in that you'll need to sort out partners and climbing gear between
yourselves (you can still use club gear but you'll need to pick it up from
Ed before you go), but we'll sort out the transport). You can sign up
without sorting a partner but if it gets to the day and no one is willing to
climb with you then don't blame us. As such we would recommend that you are
able to lead trad, but if you only second trad and can find a leader whos
happy to take you up routes thats fine. Let us know if you are interested in
coming and can't find a partner.

-In addition, there are a few items of gear that are essential for the trip:
 Waterproofs (hopefully not needed!), warms clothes, proper boots for any
walking/scrambling (proper is defined as waterproof, sturdy, deep tread,
supporting ankle - not trainers, 'approach' shoes, uggs etc...)

Hope thats all clear

Dudley