[SUMC] Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death.

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Wed Mar 23 16:15:24 GMT 2011

Hello climbers,

This Monday (*28th March*) we'll be running a small workshop on leading
skills and fear management. It'll take up an hour or so of the usual Monday
session and will aim to teach ways of reducing/ dealing with that
stomach-knotting, vomit-inducing fear that grips a lot of people when they
climb above their clip.

The session will cover the basics like pre-climb checks, communication, and
clipping, as well as skills such as footwork and resting. I'll also try to
provide some drills for you to practice in your own time and there'll be an
opportunity to ask any questions you might have.

If you want to take part just come along to the Monday session as usual and
come straight up to the cafe when you get to Dynamic Rock.

Happy climbing!
Amy