[SUMC] Box Bay day trip

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Fri Feb 17 12:34:12 GMT 2012

Ahoy shipmates!

Our next day trip is on the horizon and is at the lovely seaside resort of
Ogmore near Porthcawl. Box bay is a ship-shape crag and a really good
location for new leaders to practice their anchors. And leading.

The voyage will begin at *09:15 on Saturday the 25th at Fulton house* and
will cost *£5 each*. The sign up sheet will open on *Sunday* for you chaps
to sign up and list any tackle you need. Remember if you're leading you
need ropes and a trad rack! Our estimated time of return will be about *
18:30* but depending on sea conditions/traffic this could be slightly
later. A hearty pub meal at pub on the pond will follow once we return to
port so you may want to bring money for that too.

*Equipment required*
Suitable climbing clothes. Due to their inability to shed water quickly,
and their annoying ability to restrict climbing movement: *NOT
JEANS!!!!!!!!!!!*
Harness
Belay device
Helmet
Climbing Shoes
Approach shoes for the walk in (which isnt too choppy)
Warm clothes
Waterproofs
Hat and gloves (optional)
Headtorch
Food
Drink

As we're all getting along swimmingly, don't forget to add preferred
partners on the sign up sheet if you fish to. Any extra car drivers would
be grand too. If you have any other questions just give me a wail.

Matt Ev