[SUMC] Last social, AGM minutes and Summer climbing

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Sat Jun 2 11:25:46 BST 2012

Hey Climbers,

Hope you are all enjoying freedom from exams!  Just a reminder that tonight
is our last official club event of the year (except for Cornwall).
Currently it’s looking to be very rainy this evening so instead of being
buffeted by the elements on the beach, we will be meeting at the Bryn-y-mor
at 6pm for some drinks and a last catch up before we all go our separate
ways.

Attached are the meeting minutes from the AGM that was held before exams.
Sorry for the delay in sending them out, but if you’re interested in what
was discussed or who is going to be in the committee next year then here
they are for your perusal.

Also, Beth from the Oxford University Mountaineering club has asked me to
pass on the below information to you. If you have some free time this
summer, this informal university meet could be a great way to get in some
climbing and meet other student climbers!

 Hello Lovely climbers!

I'm writing on behalf of the OUMC (Oxford uni mountaineering club) this
summer we thought it would be awesome to get to meet people from other
clubs around the country, get some climbing done and generally have a
wonderful time.

So what we propose is an informal meeting for a group of climbers in
Cornwall -23rd June to 1st July. The idea would be to stake out an area of
Trewellard campsite, near a huge range of Cornish climbing (and two pubs
and a Meadery), and spend up to a week climbing things and relaxing in the
Cornish sunshine.

There's no need to come with a climbing partner or commit to the entire
week -people will be coming and going throughout the week. The whole idea
is that people just rock up and climb (rock -gettit? :P) Transport is up to
the individual, although it looks like there might be some cars leaving
from the Oxford area.

Here's some links to get you psyched:

http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=199

http://www.trewellardmeadery.co.uk/

If you even vaguely think you might be up for this, please drop me a line
to betha.hodgett at googlemail.com

*TLDR: informal climbing, 23rd June- 1st july, cornwall, lovely people,
sun-it's going to be banging!*

Beth Hodgett

OUMC Social Sec

Apologies for the long e-mail, and hope to see you all tonight!

Charlotte x

(Secretary)