[SUMC] Learn to abseil trip

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Fri Apr 19 09:39:12 BST 2013

Hi Folks

Just a quick reminder that we now have a learn to abseil event created on
the website. If you are interested please sign up ASAP (even if you're on
the reserves). The date is set for the same date as Varsity so granted some
of you can't come. If you can't make it, send us/me a message with days
you're free and I'll see if I/Joe can take you out then.

Abseiling will be a pretty important thing to be able to do if you want to
come on the next day trip too, to a non-gower location! (see Charlottes
E-mail shortly)

The day will be very casual and we'll be mostly using it as a day to not do
work. But for things to bring:

Harness
Shoes (in case we do some climbing!)
Food + Drink
Waterproofs if the forecast/weather looks dodgy
Helmet
Belay device
Prussik

If you don't have one of the above items (particularly a prussik) please
TELL US on the sign up sheet and we can bring one with us.

Enjoy your sunny weekend ;)

Matt Ev

Invoice Address:
Swansea University Students Union
c/o Swansea University Mountaineering Club