[SUMC] Day trip and Brit Rock

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Thu Oct 16 15:30:56 BST 2014

Hi gang

A reminder E-mail about two things happening very very soon!

*Brit Rock social*
*£4* entry for 4 adventure films! It starts at *20:00* and is just over an
hour and a half. We'll be using a combination of drivers and buses to get
everyone there. If you are a car driver and interested in going, please
sign up online! Details of logistics to follow...soooon.

*Day trip to Trebanog, Saturday*
Cost: *£5*
 Time: *9:30am at Fulton House*
Destination: *Trebanog* - http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=2812
Style: Leader/seconder
Kit list: *Every trip* and *Day trip* (www.sumc.org.uk/resources
<https://webmail.swan.ac.uk/owa/redir.aspx?C=tx9dAx4fG02dPzqO4NarE1dFxJDevNEIri2w5qksGSgQeE7PBv7T0LudbfwtqIeCJj9eM_KzNq4.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sumc.org.uk%2fresources>
)

We've had a great response guys but unfortunately we're now short of car
drivers. If you can drive or know a friend whos not signed up yet, please
sign up / get them to sign up ASAP! Then we can bump more people onto the
trip (which is obviously what we'd like to do).

If you don't make it this time then please dont despair! There is another
outdoor option just around the corner ;) Weather is looking good for the
trip despite a drizzle in the morning. If you're currently on the trip but
have realised you can't make it, let US know and the NEXT person on the
sign up list. Otherwise you'll have taken a place on the trip that someone
else would have loved to have (this includes being hungover).

Being able to lead belay is a very useful commodity on the outdoor trips,
especially if you can belay using double ropes (2 of them). If you want
some practice, head to the uni wall tonight where you can have a go.

Think thats all for now, see you tonight at the uni wall.

Matt Ev

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/swanseamountaineers/

Invoice Address:
Swansea University Students Union
c/o Swansea University Mountaineering Club