[SUMC] Welcome to SUMC 2014/2015

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Thu Sep 25 12:41:43 BST 2014

Hi everyone and thanks for signing up to the SUMC mailing list!

My name is Matt Ev, Ill be the president this year. I know you're eager for
me get on with this so I'll press on:

*Give it a go session* #1
Thursday 24th September
Either 19:00 at the sports centre, Sketty Lane (opposite Singleton
Hospital) or 18:40 outside Fulton House.
Cost is £1.50
*What is it?*
Just one signature on the indemnity form and you're good to start climbing
already. You don't need to have joined SUMC, however you MUST have joined
Sports Swansea (we will be checking online).
All gear provided, but if you have your own harness please bring it to
reduce the amount of swapping around we do.
This session is a great way to start getting to know other climbers, making
friends and seeing how climbing works. Its a good chance for you to ask the
more experienced climbers and the committee any questions you may have too.
Below are links to both our facebook page and our website.
Pint and a chat in JC's pub afterwards.

*Monday Night to Dynamic Rock*
Mondays 17:30 at Fulton House (the coach doesn't leave till 18:00, but
theres paperwork to do before you can get on the coach. If you have a
lecture till 17:50, you'll make it)
Cost is £10 (includes coach, entry, equipment + teaching)
*What is it?*
Our weekly trips to Dynamic Rock in Clydach. A decent indoor centre, with
varied walls, lots of different holds and lots of challenges from f3 to
f7c+. Theres also a dedicated bouldering room with steep roofs and slabby
walls to play on.
You need to be both a member of Sports Swansea AND a member of SUMC (again,
we'll be checking) before you get on the coach. Please do this in plenty of
time so our list is correct and your name appears on it!
Theres a cafe upstairs too for snacks and tea.
Pint and a chat in JC's pub afterwards.

I realise this is barely any information, but I don't want to bombard you
with too much this early on. The SUMC events page should give you most of
the information you need about future events. Please sign up to the website
(you'll need to do this to sign up to the events) as this also gives you
access to the club documents that are available (expect more soon).

Also join the facebook group and get chatting on there. Lots of information
and answered questions there too. But for now, come along tonight and get
climbing! Woooo!

SUMC Events page:http://www.sumc.org.uk/events
SUMC Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/swanseamountaineers/

Matt Ev

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/swanseamountaineers/

Invoice Address:
Swansea University Students Union
c/o Swansea University Mountaineering Club