[SUMC] Climbing trips this week

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Sun Sep 27 10:21:30 BST 2015

Hello climbers,

Was great to meet so many of you on Thursday and we hope you’re all keen to
get climbing again. Here’s what’s coming up this week:

*Monday - Dynamic Rock. *

Meet outside Fulton House at 5:30pm to get the coach to Dynamic Rock, we
usually get back to campus around 10:30pm. The trip costs £10 and you MUST
be a member of the club to come on this trip (if you haven’t already joined
you can do so here: http://www.swansea-union.co.uk/activities/club/SUMC/ ).
For those of you who are new to climbing this is where we start teaching
you the basics like tying in and belaying. Club gear is available to borrow
if you don’t already have your own.

*Thursday – Give it a go at the Uni Wall*

We have a second taster session on Thursday, 7-9pm at the uni sports hall,
£1.50 entry. This is the last opportunity to try out climbing without being
a member of the club, however sports Swansea membership is required (you
can join here: http://www.swansea-union.co.uk/activities-old/sportswansea/)
. Once again our social sec will be outside Fulton House at 6:45 to meet
anyone who is not sure where the sports hall is.

*Saturday – Outdoor day trip*

Trip cost - £5. Time and location to be confirmed, but will be somewhere
down the Gower. This trip is first come first served and *signup opens
tomorrow at 12pm *on our website http://www.sumc.org.uk/ . You will need to
register on the website by clicking on ‘Join’ and then you can sign up for
the trip on the events page. Numbers are dependent on car drivers so please
tick the car driver box if you are able to drive (generous petrol money
provided). If you’re unsure about what gear to request, at a minimum all
climbers will need a harness, shoes and a belay device. You must be a
member of the club to attend this trip.

Hope to see you all this week.

Laura

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/swanseamountaineers/

Invoice Address:
Swansea University Students Union
c/o Swansea University Mountaineering Club