[SUMC] Walkers/Hikers

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Tue Oct 4 17:00:28 BST 2016

Hello!

Sorry for the delay in activities and information for those more interested
in the walking/hiking side of things.

Upcoming walks:

Short notice but seeing as the forecast is good and most people have
Wednesday afternoons off for sport I will be heading to Oxwich Bay tomorrow
for a short walk. I have space in my car for 3 on a first come first served
basis. If there are other drivers available this could increase :) If you
want to come please sign up at the usual place
http://www.sumc.org.uk/events/1st-hiking-trip/000085

*Oxwich Bay tomorrow afternoon: *A short but exhilarating hike through
woodland and coast paths.This is a walk of 4.5 miles (7.2km) and will take
around 2 1/2 hours. There is some initial steep ascent but after this the
walk levels out and is largely flat. Wear something comfortable and pack
waterproofs (you never know), something warm, suitable footwear (walking
boots or approach shoes) and drink/snack. We will meet at the sports centre
for 13:00 and leave at 13:15.

*Pen Y Fan (Weekend of 15th/16th): *A Firm date will be decided once a
weather forecast is available. Depending on ability/demand there are a
number of routes we could take up South Wales' highest peak. I will put up
a poll along closer to the time but there will be a choice of either a 7
mile circular walk with lots of ascent and will take the majority of the
day. It takes in both the summits of Pen y Fan and Corn Du or a more
straightforward ascent of around 5 miles/3 hours from the car park at the
Storey Arms. For this trip a contribution of £5 will be requested just to
cover fuel costs for those driving on the day as it is just over an hours
drive away.

If anyone has any ideas for walks or anywhere they would like to head in
particular drop me an email or a message on facebook and I'm sure we can
come to an arrangement!

Ellie Pullen
Moutaineering Officer

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/s.u.m.c/ (@s.u.m.c)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/swanseamountaineers/

Invoice Address:
Swansea University Students Union
c/o Swansea University Mountaineering Club