[Swansea University RAG] RAG Charity Selection Monday 5th October, and other news

Swansea RAG swansearag at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Oct 5 00:01:36 BST 2009

Hi Everyone,

This email is to let you know what’s happening in the world of Swansea RAG this week.

Charity Selection Night – Monday 5th October 6.30pm in DIVAS

This is your chance to choose who RAG will be raising money for this year. We will have representatives from some of the 40 nominated charities giving you a chance to find out why their charity deserves our money. At the end of the night you will all get a chance to vote on which charities you would like to see us support for this year. This is an important chance for you to decide on which charities we will fundraise for this year.

Committee Elections – Monday 5th October in DIVAS (after Charity Selections)

We will also be electing two new committee members during the charity selection night. These are the positions of Secretary and Treasurer. Attached to this email are the manifestos of the candidates who have so far expressed an interest in these positions. However, due to technical issues (hotmail believed that I was a spammer and decided to lock me out of the account for 4 days!) I was unable to send out an email last week with the notice of elections, so if anyone else wishes to run for these positions please feel free to make yourself known at the meeting and come prepared to explain why we should elect you.

RAVE and GIVE @Glow in DIVAS  – Saturday 10th October 9pm – 2am

‘RAVE and GIVE’ is our first big night of the year. We will be raving it up at Glow this Saturday night for charity. All profits from advance ticket sales will go to RAG’s nominated charities. This will be the first event for the RAG reps (see below). We will also need people to help with promotion throughout the week. And if you can’t do anything else make sure you bring all your friends and housemates along for what promises to be a great night (providing you bought advance tickets from RAG!). If you want tickets, or to help with promotion, email swansearag at hotmail.co.uk .

RAG Reps and RAG subcommittees meeting

The first information meeting for people interested in joining our RAG reps team and RAG events, publicity, finance and raids committees will be held on WEDNESDAY evening at 6pm (not Tuesday as previously mentioned!). We will meet at the front desk of Fulton House before moving to a room in the building (tbc). We’ll be nice and easy to spot in our RAG tops.

For those who don’t know RAG reps are representatives from all university accommodation who publicise RAG events and sell tickets. RAG reps that sell over a set number of tickets for each event (varies by size of event) will get free VIP entry into the event and other goodies. The rep that sells the most tickets throughout the year will get a RAG award at the end of year RAG awards. RAG reps are also asked to help organise their residences for the RAG Week residence fundraising challenge. RAG reps are welcome from outside University accommodation, for example second and third years who live in Brynmill and Uplands. RAG reps will receive a letter of accreditation and certificate at the end of year.

The RAG subcommittees are pretty self-explanatory. We need people to help with the organisation of events, publicity, raids and to help look after the money (finance!). This is a great way to get involved with RAG and to get some experience that will look great on your CV. Members of the RAG sub-committees will receive a letter of accreditation and a certificate at the end of the year.

Just email swansearag at hotmail.co.uk for more details.

Long email again, so sorry for that.

See you all soon

James
President
Swansea RAG

Swansea University RAG - Raising and Giving

RAG is the only dedicated fundraising society at Swansea Uniersity. Last year we raised over £16,000 for charity.

For more information email swansearag at hotmail.co.uk or visit www.swasea-union.co.uk/rag

Swansea University RAG
c/o Swansea University Studets' Union
Union House
Swansea University

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/167688463/direct/01/