[RAG] Big social towards the end of they year!

Swansea RAG swansearag at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Feb 15 16:39:04 GMT 2010

Hiya again Raggies,

I had a thought about a big social just after the Easter holidays. This was mainly because I think we all deserve to relax just before exams and because I haven't been terribly good at organising socials so wanted to do something special that we all might enjoy! Basically we come back after Easter on Monday the 19th of April, therefore I was thinking that on Saturday the 24th of April we could all have a day trip to Oakwood. It'll be right at the start of term so wont get in the way of exams and hopefully we'll all have had our student loans so will have money. So the rough plan is:

As we'll be a group of over 15 hopefully it'll be £14.95 each for entry to the park, and if we manage to fill a 30 odd seater coach it'll be roughly £10 each for the coach therefore making it roughly £25 for a day out. I know this is quite expensive and you would also need a spare £10 or so for food and drink in the day but thought we would all spend roughly £30 for a night out and Oakwood would be more fun.... The only downfall is that it would probably be an early start, probably be picked up at 8am outside Fulton house to make it to Oakwood for 10am then the coach would then pick us up at Oakwood at 5pm that evening to come home, meaning we'd be back outside Fulton house for about 7pm. I also thought that if I don't manage to tempt many of you Raggies to come then those of us that do want to come are welcome to invite housemates and what not. I was also hoping that a Social like this might persuade many freshers next year to join RAG if there's the temptation of good socials available.

Lastly this is only a rough idea, obviously if we managed to fill a 50 seater coach then the coach price would be down to about £7 per person for the coach. I know this is quite expensive for a social but I thought it would be a fun day out and something to look forward to?

Anyway let me know what you think, whether it's a good idea, a bad idea or whether you'd be willing to come, as something like this would need booking at least a month in advance as I'd need deposits off you and what not, therefore this is why I'm testing the water this early on! Hope you are all good anyway, and hope to hear from you soon.

Lots of Love

Ally (Social Secretary) and the RAG Committee!

Swansea University RAG - Raising and Giving

RAG is the only dedicated fundraising society at Swansea University. Last year we raised over £16,000 for charity.

For more information e-mail swansearag at hotmail.co.uk or visit www.swansea-union.co.uk/rag

Swansea University RAG
c/o Swansea University Students' Union
Union House