[RAG] RAG update

Swansea RAG swansearag at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jan 28 10:46:52 GMT 2010

Hi RAGgies

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and new  year, and that exams weren’t to hard on all of you. But now they’re  over, its back to the fundraising.

Notice of Election:

Notice is hereby given that we will be holding elections for five newly created committee positions, as well as Beer Race Organiser. The positions available are:

·         Publicity and Media Secretary
·         RAG Mag Editor
·         Special Events Co-ordinator (Jailbreak and Skydives etc)
·         RAG Reps Officer
·         Ents Liason
·         Beer Race Organiser

These will be positions on the RAG executive committee from now until the end of the academic year, at which point (if you choose) you will have to stand for re-election. RAG looks great on any CV, and being part of a committee that has already raised over £16,000 for charity will be good for anyone.

The elections will take place on Wednesday 3rd February at 5pm in the Xtreme Lounge (TBC). Anyone wishing to stand for election should attend this meeting with a prepared speech, detailing why we should elect you.

At the meeting we will also be voting to pass an updated version of the RAG constitution, to bring it up to date with where RAG is now and to bring it into line with the Students Union structure.

It is important that all RAG members who can attend this meeting as this will decide the future of Swansea RAG!!!

If you want any more information please email swansearag at hotmail.co.uk

Also coming up:

·         Friday 29th January: RAG raid on campus for the UNICEF Haiti appeal. We will be outside Fulton House all day and around campus and lecture rooms collecting for the Haiti earthquake appeal. You’ve all seen what has happened on the news, now please come and help out with what you can.
·         Saturday 20th February: RAG raid in Bristol. Please email swansearag at hotmail.co.uk for more information.
·         22nd – 28th February: RAG Week – more info coming soon.

See you all soon,

James Kerr
President
Swansea University RAG - Raising and Giving

RAG is the only dedicated fundraising society at Swansea University. Last year we raised over £16,000 for charity.

For more information e-mail swansearag at hotmail.co.uk or visit www.swansea-union.co.uk/rag

Swansea University RAG
c/o Swansea University Students' Union
Union House