[RAG] RAG Update

Swansea RAG swansearag at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Oct 27 10:28:48 BST 2010

Heylo Raggies :D

Change of fortnightly updates
Just to let you all know, you will from now on receice your update email every other Tuesday/early Wednesday, instead of a Sunday/early Monday. Other little niggly things like reminders may be sent between these updates, but we aim to keep these to a bare minimum, however sometimes it cannot be avoided due to last minute changes, etc.

Pinkathon
Thank you to everyone who came to 'Pink Savers' last Thursday, it was a great success and was fab to see Sin City so pink! :D Also if any of you are unsure as to why you're receiving this email, one or two people gave me their email addresses at Pinkathon and asked me to add you to the mailing list so you could find out about RAG, so thank you for showing an interest and we hope to see you at further events :)

BEER RACE
Don't forget that Beer Race, which is run by RAG, is on Monday 8th November. This is a MASSIVE fancy dress night that just cannot be missed :D
Tickets are on sale now from Student Events Box Office for £12 each or a discounted £10 if bought 5 at a time. The reduced ticket it exactly the same as the £12 one, gets you all the same deals, it's just cheaper for buying in 'bulk' :) So be sure to get all your housemates, coursemates, and friends alike together when you buy them!
If you're unsure what to wear, head over to Mardi Gras where they can accommodate most fancy dress needs :D
Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Beer Race Stewards
Beer Race 2010 is looking for volunteers to help steward on the night. Stewards will help with the general running of the race by stamping times of the racers, helping with costumes and generally ensuring that people follow the route. If you volunteer you will get a free steward t-shirt, free VIP in oceana on the night along with a free drink, an exclusive invite to the Steward after-party the following Monday and a free drink then too. Plus it's amazingly fun watching so many people in fancy dress stumble around.

If you're interested in volunteering please contact BeerRace2010 at hotmail.co.uk as soon as possible. We need your names before the meeting (see below) please.

Beer Race is on the 8th of November and starts at 6pm. You'll need to be available from 6:00pm in Odyssey. There will be a meeting on the 3rd of November at 5:00pm in divas so I can give you al of the info you'll need.

Thank you very much for your help. Beer Race is the RAG societies biggest event and through it we hope to raise over £8000, all for charity. This would not be possible without you as volunteers. Hope to see you soon.

Mitch Theaker
Beer Race Organiser

Members Meeting
After the Stewards meeting on Wednesday 3rd November in Diva's, there will be a members meeting where a no-confidence vote will take place. So if you're a member, but not a steward, please come along at about 6.30pm for that. If you're a steward, just stick around after the steward's meeting.

Movember
Nope, we haven't spelt it wrong, that says Movember. November aka Movember is Prostate Cancer Awareness month. Any guys who feel up to the challenge, the national idea is that men are not supposed to shave AT ALL in November ;)

Just keep an eye out for what SwanseaRAG has planned for this.

From
Your loving RAG Team :)

Swansea University RAG – Raise and Give

c/o Swansea University Students' Union
Union House
Swansea University

During the 2009-2010 academic term we raised over £28,000 for our charities.