[RAG] Santa's Grotto, RAG Raid and Xmas meal :)

Raise and Give rag at swansea-union.co.uk
Mon Dec 5 21:16:22 GMT 2011

Dear RAG Society,

just some quick updates.

*Santa's Grotto*
*
As you've probably seen in previous emails, we will be hosting our *Christmas
Chaos at Santa's Grotto in JC's from 10am tomorrow*. We will be there all
day with lots of fun things going on including the chance to have a photo
with Santa (the lovely Ceri Parker) you can even sit on his knee if you'd
like :), a mince pie eating contest, so if you've managed The Beast at
Uplands Diner before, get yourself to JC's tomorrow!! There will also be
Xmas Beer Pong. This fantastic new society have offered to help us out on
the day so come down with a friend, grab yourself a beer, water, bow+black
or whatever takes your fancy. It's £1 to enter per team with all proceeds
going towards our 12 charities. We might even get a mini tournament set up!
You can also volunteer to be an elf for the day: somebody sponsors you to
annoy their friend, which could involve you following them around campus,
singing, anything annoying really. That friend then has to match however
much their friend sponsored the elf, without them knowing the initial
sponsor!! We need Elves!! If you want to volunteer and help out we will be
in JC's from 9:30am so come and speak to us.

*RAG Raid, Wednesday 7th December, 2-7pm: Coppafeel Charity*
*
*
In case you haven't already seen on our facebook page, we will be doing our
first RAG Raid of the year in the town centre for the breast cancer
awareness charity Coppafeel. If you are interested in helping out then you
can see all of the info on the fb page, or alternatively text Sam Hugo on
07585045156( Vice President) or Laura Hunt (secretary) on 07530552702 if
you have have any queries. Hope to see many of you on Wednesday :)

*We need a new president!!*
*
*
Last but not least, we wanted to remind you guys that our president will be
stepping down effective from 8th December, which means we need a new one!!
This is a very important position and we understand that it is not one to
take without consideration. However if you are very passionate about
charity work, like thinking up new ideas and are organised then this is the
job for you. This a tremendous booster to your CV as well and most
importantly a very rewarding job to have, knowing what work you can do for
charities. So please don't be afraid. At the moment we are looking for
general interest and want the chance to meet you casually to speak about
why you'd be interested.  We will need to arrange a date to hold elections,
which will realistically occur in the new year. In the meantime however,
come and speak to us and we'll give you the low down on presidency.

Love from

The RAG Committee