[All-societies] amnesty and Yoga societies. SGM/AGM

HOUGHTON M. (367159) M.HOUGHTON.367159 at swansea.ac.uk
Wed Feb 27 15:49:40 GMT 2008

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to send this message from Paul Seacombe regarding the Amnesty society and a message from the Yoga society as well.

And also thanks to those of you who came to the all societies' meeting yesterday. Just to remind you also that there is an SGM and AGM tomorrow at 6pm in Faraday A.

Thank you,

Mark Houghton, Societies Rep.
To publicise your events to other societies or for any questions or issues, simply email me on 367159 at swansea.ac.uk <mailto:367159 at swansea.ac.uk> .

SUSU Amnesty Benefit - A Big Thank You

Thanks to all who attended the first SUSU Amnesty Soc. benefit night at Monkey Bar in Castle street.

The evening was a great success and we raised just over £373 quids. We are pledged to donate £100 of this to Swansea Womens Refuge, and £100 to Swansea Asylum Seekers Support Project with the remainder going to Amnesty International for campaigning on such issues as the abolition of the death penalty.

Thanks again to all who turned up and to those who made it happen especially the excellent bands, DJ's the SUSU Amnesty Ctee. and Jayne De Groot for Liasing with Monkey bar.

'Protect the Human'

Paul Seacombe
Chairperson SUSU Amnesty Soc.

Yoga society:

A relaxing day to escape from the stresses of uni and indulge.
£40 all inc. Yoga Society have donated funds to make this a good deal for you all.
Open to non-members so bring your chums!
Saturday 1st March
Meet outside Fulton House 9.15am
Travel to Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
2 hour yoga class with Helena (our trusty Yoga instructor!)
An indulgent 2-course lunch in The Olive Tree restaurant
Afternoon in Celtic Manor Spa- chill out in the lovely pool, jacuzzis, saunas, steam room...
Travel back to Swansea for 6pm

If you're interested please do not hesitate to get in touch. Contact the Yoga exec at uwsyogasociety at hotmail.co.uk <mailto:uwsyogasociety at hotmail.co.uk>