[SUCS Devel] Website development environment

Matthew Gwynne aeternus at sucs.org
Sun Jul 29 16:15:17 BST 2007

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 01:32:18PM +0100, James Frost wrote:
> On 7/29/07, Graham Cole <chckens at sucs.org> wrote:
> * snip *
> >
> > Does this sound like a bad/good idea? Bit clumsy for little changes,
> > granted. I'd hope that with a kind of "release cycle" lots of random
> > little changes to the live site wouldn't need to happen.
>
> I really like the sound of it, and the workflow sounds good. I'm happy
> to help with this, as I want to try and do a fair bit of work on the
> website myself, and I think it'd be a fairly easy place to get first
> years involved next year.

I agree, I've been playing about with the pastebin a bit recently, and
it would be really nice to be able to do this, and I really think it
would go a long way to encouraging people to get involved with
development if they could have something they can just check out and
play with in the correct environment so that it can just be submitted as
a diff or something later.

Matthew Gwynne / Aeternus