Glamorgan Heritage Coast, Orientbeering, and more!!!

uwshiking uwshiking at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 15:52:07 BST 2004

Hello there!
long time no see! Hope you've all had a fab easter, and have returned refreshed and rejuvenated, and ready for a few more walks before exams kick in! Well, you need to be, cos there's soooo much going on, and we're gonna squeeze it all into just a few weeks!

First on the agenda, this Sunday 25th April, we're off for a lovely wander along the Glamorgan Heritage Coast. This gentle A grade walk will cost you £4.00, and takes us along a small strech of this 14 mile heritage coast (no, we're not walking the whole thing!) One of the few areas of truly unspoilt British coastline to be found, this is a great chance to get your walking muscles back in shape, and catch up with everyone after the holidays!

Next up, on Wednesday 28th April, Orientbeering in Clyne Gardens. And no, that's not a typo, this is Orienteering with a difference! We hide lots of beer in Clyne Gardens, give you a map, and you go and find it! And whoever gets back first wins! Sign up this week so we know how much beer to buy, cost is £2.00 at sign ups, £2.50 on the day.

Also, it may seem like a long way off (in fact, I'd quite like it to be cos then exams aren't so close!), but the Lake District summer trip is fast approaching. The trip will be from June 7th to 10th, which is the week after exams finish, and will give us two full days walking in this fabulous national park. This really is an unmissable trip, and one of the best walking areas in the country IMHO (not that I'm biased or anything...). As it's a bit longer than normal, the cost will be £35, and the trip is graded C. Sign up NOW, with a £5 deposit to secure your place. The deadline for signing up is Monday 2nd May, as we need to know numbers for the accommodation.

And finally...
just a quick reminder that you can still order your very own hiking club t-shirt, available in three colours, at any club event. But we have to get orders in soon, so don't hold back!

Ok, that's about all for this week, see you around
Sarah :)