[Hiking] Christmas dinner and hiking

Andrew Sprules publicity at uwshiking.org.uk
Wed Nov 15 12:30:51 GMT 2006

Hello everyone,

Firstly there will be no hike this Sunday as some people are going to Elan
Valley and there will be no social this week because of the Beer race.

The next hike will be to Woebly Castle:
Date 26th November
Grade B1
Sign-up JCs Wednesday and Friday 12:30-1:30pm.
This is a good walk taking in the best of the Gower's North coast, and
also a chance to look round a well preserved castle to. Check out the
photos from this walk at http://hiking.org.uk/walks/gower#weobley-castle

Also we now would like for you to pay for the walk as you put your name
down for it. This is so that we know the people who are going on the walk
have already payed for it.

On the 11th December its the highlight of our social calendar, the
Christmas Ball. This year we will be at the Oxwich Bay Hotel again, dress
code black tie and ball gown! The menu offers a great 3 course meal with a
glass of wine and coffee. And to end the night there will be a disco. Not
convinced! Then check out last year's photos for a little more convincing
at http://www.uwshiking.org.uk/gallery/christmas-dinner05 ! This year
Archery and SSWIGS will be joining us. This is a must for all you hikers,
social or otherwise!

Tickets are now on sale from all club events, priced at a very reasonable
£20 (this includes food and transport). We will also need to know what you
would like to eat, the menu is available when you buy your ticket. You can
buy tickets at our usual hiking sign-ups.

For the night itself we will probably meet in uni at 6pm and will return
around 1am.These details will be confirmed nearer the time.

I hope you all buy a ticket and I hope you all have a good day!

Bye

Andrew

http://www.uwshiking.org.uk