[Hiking] Important Information & this week's social

Martin Lilley chair at uwshiking.org.uk
Mon Oct 6 09:43:22 BST 2008

Hi everyone, Martin, the Chairman here.

PLEASE NOTE: As of this week's walk new rules will come in about Hiking
each week.

>>ALL hikers MUST have boots which come up around the ankle bone with a
good sole.
>>Anyone wearing Jeans or similar heavy trousers WILL NOT BE ALLOWED to
Hike.  This is because as the weather gets colder and wetter these types
of clothes pose a severe risk of hypothermia to the Hiker.

Unfortunately, if anyone turns up wearing unsuitable equipment we will
have to turn you away.  If you have any questions please come and see us
in JCs on Wed or Friday (12.30-1.30, coffee shop side) Or in Field and
Trek this Tuesday evening (6pm).  Many thanks, Martin
                        -----------
THIS WEEK'S SOCIAL and CHANCE TO BUY EQUIPMENT
>>Tuesday evening.
>>6pm Field and Trek (exclusive Hiking Club opening)
>>8pm Tenpin Bowling Alley

As I am sure you have all realised by now, Swansea isn't exactly always
that predictable when it comes to the weather, so on Tuesday there is
going to be a perfect chance for you all to buy the equipment you need.
Whether its waterproof boots (definitely on my list!!), a flask to take
hot drinks on the colder hikes or anything else, you will have the
opportunity to buy it all! Field and Trek are opening exclusively for the
Hiking Club on Tuesday evening and to make this even better, as a club,
they have offered us a discount of up to 70% on things that we buy!!

After the equipment trip, we will be stopping off at Lloyds (Bank
Statement) in town to grab a bite to eat (and multiple puddings for Rhodri
too :P) before heading down to the bowling alley for a game or two of
bowling!

Meeting: 6pm at Field and Trek (or if you just want to come bowling, meet
us at 8pm at the bowling alley [near Odeon cinema, feel free to ask me if
you need directions])

lots of love
Your Social Sec
Amy!!