[Hiking] Shropshire, Usk Reservoir, Hoodies

Hiking Club info at uwshiking.org.uk
Wed Jan 28 09:50:44 GMT 2009

Hello all,

>>This week's walks: Shropshire Weekend (see below for details)

>>Next Week's walk - Usk Reservoir
Sunday 8th February, Grade A1, £5
Sign up this week.

>> Hoodies available to order now.
£20 for the green Hoodies that you will have seen the older members
wearing. Ordering soon for delivery by Easter.

Have a great week,
Martin & James

---
>>Shropshire Weekend Details
Meeting Friday @ 4pm between the Union buildings for departure BY 4.30
(unless anyone tells me about lectures that clash, let me know ASAP).
~3 hrs up to Shropshire arriving in time to cook dinner or head into
Bishop's Castle for food.
Walks programme to be decided but a selection from a Long Mynd cicular,
The Stiperstones, A circular walk from the barn & a combined River Severn
and Severn Valley Steam Railway walk will be on offer.
Arrival back ~9-10pm Sunday evening dropping at houses, where required.

Kit:
Normal walking gear (boots, waterproofs, warm layers, water bottle/flask
etc.)
Food for two breakfasts, lunches and possibly evening meals (your choice)
+ snacks ;). *Fitted kitchen so no need for pans/stoves etc.*
Sleeping bag (if you have already spoken to us, then we will bring) -
*Pillows are provided*
Wash things/towel. *hot showers available*
Money for evening meals if you want to eat out in a pub in Bishop's
Castle; also for the Steam Train (~£5) if we decide to do that walk.
Anything in the way of CDs for the bus, small games for the barn, book etc.

Come and see us at signup if you have any queries.

Signups Wednesday 12:30-1:30
        Friday 12:30-1:30