[Hiking] Chepstow to Tintern, next weekend away and Christmas Dinner!

Chris Laidler chrislaidler at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Nov 8 22:34:57 GMT 2010

Hello

This Sunday we're walking from Chepstow to Tintern Abbey, this is a leisurely woodland walk which will be tremendously colourful at this time of year. We start beside the castle in Chepstow, this castle was built in 1067 by  William the Conquer and despite being nearly 1000 years old it still dominates over the small market town that it was built to protect. The walk follows the Wye valley up to Tintern abbey, described as one of the finest ruins in the country. Depending on hours of opening there may be time for people to have a look around the Abbey which is next door to the pub we finish at if you are willing to sacrifice some drinking time! If you'd like to come for free then drag along a friend who is not already in the club! If you'd like to come please add your name to the list at one of our signups which are 12.30 - 1.30pm every Wednesday and Friday.

We also have two other important dates for your diary...

Our next weekend away will be to Dartmoor from Friday 26th to Sunday 28th of November, this will cost £37 and will include transport and accommodation, more details will follow next week when we will start tot sign up people for the trip however unfortunately we can only take 14 people so get you name down quick!

The highlight of our social calender -the Christmas dinner will be on Tuesday 14th of December and we'll be held at the beach-side Oxwich bay hotel. Tickets price will be confirmed at the end of this week but it should be no more than £28 which includes a three course dinner, a bottle of wine per two people, transport to and from the hotel and a disco - hopefully a live band too!
We'll start selling tickets for this from Friday's signup! We will be joined for this event by the Mountaineering club and SSWIGS. If you are a member of one of these societies you should buy your ticket from the club you would like to sit with for the meal.
As it is a social event you are also welcome to bring guests with you (obviously you must purchase a ticket for them!)

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is our bonfire on the beach, meet me (Chris) at 6pm outside
Fulton house or from 6.15 on the beach, ring me if you can't find us.

See you soon
Chris