[Hiking] Pool, Ammanford walk, AGM and Scotland

Chris Laidler chrislaidler at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Feb 22 10:49:53 GMT 2011

Hello!

This Wednesday we're going to Whitez in Uplands for a game or two of pool, it would be great to see you all there. Meet accross the road in Uplands Tavern at 7pm.

Our walk this weekend is on Saturday when we're heading to Ammanford just to the north of Swansea. This a new walk and we're likely to be taking a minibus meaning we can only take a maximum of 16 people so if you would like to come please add your name to the list at our signups 12.45 - 1.15 in JCs coffee bar on wednesdays and Fridays.

The deadline for the Scotland trip deposit is this Wednesday. If you would like to come on this two week trip we need £100 deposit from you. Details can be found by following this link. http://www.hiking.org.uk/downloads/scotland_2011.pdf
If you're still unsure about it speak to Chris ASAP.

We still have spaces on our Rhinogs trip which is running from 4th to the 6th March, this is a fantastic weekend away to the southern part of the Snowdonia national park. Total cost of the trip is £35 and we need £20 deposit from you.

Finally, we would like to give notice of our AGM (Annual general meeting) to be held in two weeks time on Tuesday 8th March (location and time TBC). This is a very important meeting because the current committee will stand down and a new committee will be elected, the new committee will have immeadiate control of the running of the hiking club. It is also an opportunity for the club members to suggest changes to our rules or constitution. Anyone who is a member of the club is invited to attend.
Would you like to help to run the club? This is a great way to build on your CV and anyone who is planning on being in Swansea University until February 2012 can be nominated. The positions are;
Chairman- oversees the running of the club. (Must have committee experience)Vice Chair - Books transport and organises the kit.Treasurer - Looks after the club funds.Secretary - Rings pubs to check they're open and books accomodation.Publicity - Sends out emails and makes poster / flyers etc for freshers fairSocial Secreatry - Organises the socials and the Christmas dinner
Webmaster - Looks after the website (full training provided)If you would like to do one of the positions hand your name on a piece of paper to one of the current committee with the position you would like to do. You must also have two people 'second' your nomination (sign your piece of paper to say you are up to the job), these can be any two hiking club members and the current committe are quite happy to second you in almost every case.
One person  will be elected (by a vote) to each position by the club members who attend the AGM.

See you all soon
Chris