[Hiking] Park in the Dark-CHANGE OF PLAN !

Hiking Club info at uwshiking.org.uk
Thu Feb 2 21:27:22 GMT 2012

Hey Guys,

Slight change of the plan for the social tomorrow we will be doing the
three legged orienteering around Brynmill Park instead of Singleton Park
as it`s a wee bit smaller so it will be a tiny bit easier but mainly
because we could not get hold of the Singleton Park orienteering map so
in the end we settled for the next best thing Brynmill Park! We are
STILL meeting by the Gatehouse entrance to Singleton Park at the same
time 6:30pm tomorrow.
   So for those of you who are a bit unsure about the aim of the game:
The aim in orienteering is to get around a course made up of a series of
control points, by working out a route between them from the map and
reading your way along the route and finding the control points. The
location of the control points are shown on the map by numbered circles
in red. The controls are marked on the ground by a post on top of which
is a plaque with a red and white orienteering symbol. There is a number,
which corresponds to the same control point on the map, and a letter
which you note down in the appropriate box on the control card to
confirm your visit.
You will have to do all this whilst three legged.
Okay hope that all makes sense.   Bring torches and warm clothing and
we will provide you with maps when you get there.
Look forward to seeing you all soon :)
Han
xx
P.s the orienteering will be followed by the pub!

Signups Wednesday 12:30-1:30
         Friday 12:30-1:30