[Jokes] fun'da-mental...

Sharon Fawcett xtal333 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 12:09:20 BST 2001

John and David were both patients in a mental hospital.

One day while they were walking past the hospital swimming pool, John
suddenly dove into the deep end.

He sank to the bottom and stayed there.  David promptly jumped in to save
him.

He swam to the bottom of the pool and pulled John out.

The medical director came to know of David's heroic act.  He immediately
ordered that David be discharged from the mental hospital as he considered
him to be okay.

The doctor said "We have good news and bad news for you, David.
The good news is that we are going to discharge you because you have
regained your senses.

Since you were able to jump in and save another patient, you must be
mentally stable.  The bad news is that the patient whom you saved,  John,
hung himself in the bathroom and died."

David replied: "Doctor, he didn't hang himself.  I hung him there to dry!"