[Jokes] Windows slogans

Justin Mitchell arthur at sucs.swan.ac.uk
Mon Jun 11 17:14:48 BST 2001

Forwarded from another mailing list:

After first seeing Microsoft's slogan for its upcoming Windows XP operating
system, "it just works", I couldn't help wondering: what were the slogans
for all the previous releases? After thinking about it for a while, they
became obvious.

Windows 1.0:  Good joke, eh?
Windows 2.0:  Still funny, isn't it?
Windows 286:  Yeah, we're still kidding.
Windows 386:  Going boldly where Desqview has been for years.
Windows 3.0:  It's finally worth buying!
Windows 3.1:  It's finally worth using!
Windows 95:   Going boldly where the Mac has been for years.
Windows 98:   More usable! Less stable!
Windows 98SE: More stable! Less usable!
Windows ME:   Less usable AND less stable!
NT 1.0:       Give me more hardware! NOW!!!
NT 2.0:       Dammit, I said MORE HARDWARE!!! NOW!!!!
NT 3.0:       Which part of "more hardware" do you not understand?
NT 3.5:       With enough hardware, I'd work. Honest.
NT 4.0:       Does less than Win98 with twice the hardware at one-half the
		speed.
Windows 2K:   Works almost as well as Windows 98! Honest!
Windows XP:   It just works.