[Jokes] Laughter Is The Best Medicine (fwd)

Chris McKenna cmckenna at sucs.org
Mon Apr 1 18:48:18 BST 2002

--
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna

cmckenna at sucs.swan.ac.uk
awkward at gmx.co.uk
www.sucs.swan.ac.uk/~cmckenna

but with the heart

Antoine de Saint Exupery

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 11:18:04 +0100

A woman who had the worst chronic headache goes to a famous "new age"
holistic doctor, as a last resort. "Doctor, I have tried everything, but my
headache just won't go away."
The doctor replied, "You have come to the right place. This is what I want
you to do - go home, stare at yourself in the mirror, point your index
fingers at your temples, and repeat this mantra: "I really don't have a
headache, I really don't have a headache". Do it as long as it takes, the
headache is just going to vanish."
As she leaves the doctor's office, skeptical but curious at the same time,
she tries the maneuver in front of the mirror in the elevator. Fingers
pointed at her temples, she starts repeating "I really don't have a
headache, I really don't have a headache...". She has barely said it four
times, when she realizes her headache is gone. Shocked and elated, she runs
back up to the doctor and says, "Doctor, you are a genius! Can I please send
you my husband? He's been having problems in a certain department... how can
I put it... "
"When was the last time you two had sex?" asks the doctor.
"About eight years ago." she replied.
The doctor says, "Yes, send him over." A few days later, she is waiting with
baited breath for her husband to come home from the doctor. He arrives, asks
her to wait, and goes straight to the bathroom. When he comes out, he throws
her on the couch and starts making wild passionate love to her. When he's
finished, he goes right back to the bathroom. A few minutes later he comes
out, rouses her from her bliss and starts at it again, like an insatiable
young man. After another hour of great sex he goes and locks himself in the
bathroom again. At this point the wife has become unbearably curious. She
tiptoes to the bathroom door, looks through the keyhole, and sees her
husband, staring at himself in the mirror, fingers pointed at his temples,
repeating: "That woman is not my wife, that woman is not my wife....."