[Jokes] Dear mum & dad

Clare McKenna lmi1210 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 1 00:54:12 BST 2002

Dear Mum and Dad,

Our scoutmaster told  us to write to our parents in
case you saw the flood on TV and are  worried. We are
OK. Only one of our tents and 2 sleeping bags got
washed away. Luckily, none of us got drowned because
we were all up on the mountain looking for Chad when
it happened.Oh yes, please call Chad's mother and tell
her he is OK. He can't write because of the cast. I
got to ride in one of the  search and rescue jeeps.
It was neat. We never would have found him  in the
dark if it hadn't been for the lightning. Scoutmaster
Vinny  got mad at Chad for going on a hike alone
without telling anyone. Chad said he did tell him, but
it was during  the fire so he probably didn't hear
him. Did you know that if you put gas on a fire, the
gas can will blow up? The wet wood didn't burn, but
one of the  tents did, also some of our clothes. David
is going to look weird  until his hair grows back. We
will be home on Saturday  if Scoutmaster Vinny gets
the car fixed. It wasn't his fault  about the crash.
The brakes worked OK when we left. Scoutmaster  Vinny
said that with a car that old you have to expect
something to break down; that's probably why he can't
get insurance. We think it's a neat car. He doesn't
care if we get it dirty, and if  it's hot, he
sometimes lets us ride on the fenders. It gets pretty
hot with 10 people in a car. He let us take turns
riding in the trailer until the highway patrolman
stopped and talked to us. Scoutmaster Vinny  is a neat
guy. Don't  worry, he is a good driver In fact, he is
teaching Terry how to  drive on the mountain roads
where there isn't any traffic. All we  ever see up
there are logging trucks. This  morning all of the
guys were diving off the rocks and swimming out in

the lake. Scoutmaster Vinny  wouldn't let me because I

can't  swim, and Chad was afraid he would sink because
of his cast, so he let us take the canoe across the
lake. It was great. You can still see some of the
trees under the water from the flood. Scoutmaster
Vinny isn't crabby like some scoutmasters.  He didn't
even get mad about the life jackets. He has to spend a
lot of time  working on the car so we are trying not
to cause him any trouble. Guess what? We have all
passed our first aid merit badges.  When Dave dove

in the lake and cut his arm, we got to see how a
tourniquet works. Wade and I threw up, but Scoutmaster
Vinny said it probably was just food poisoning from
the leftover chicken. He said they got sick that way
with food they ate in  prison. I'm so glad he got out
and became our  scoutmaster. He said he sure figured
out how to get things done  better while he was doing
his time. By the way, what is a  peedo file?
I have to go now. We are going to town to  mail our
letters and buy Vaseline. Don't worry about anything.
We are fine.

Love, Larry