[Jokes] a tale of bible folk (fwd)

Chris McKenna cmckenna at sucs.org
Wed Sep 11 22:50:36 BST 2002

--
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna

cmckenna at sucs.swan.ac.uk
awkward at gmx.co.uk
www.sucs.swan.ac.uk/~cmckenna

but with the heart

Antoine de Saint Exupery

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:02:43 +0100
From: Peter Glass
Subject: a tale of bible folk

Especially for tecchy folkies.........

A simple story of Bible folk..............
And it came to pass after these things that God did test Abraham. And He
said to him, "Abraham!" And Abraham replied, "Hineni (here I am)."
And He said, "Take your computer, your old computer, your 286, and install
upon it an operating system, a new operating system, Windows 95, which I
will show to you."
And Abraham rose up early in the morning , and saddled his ass. He loaded
his computer, his old computer, his 286, on the ass. And he took two of his
young men with and Isaac his son,. And he rose up and went to the place
where God had told him, there to find Windows 95.
Then on the third day, Abraham lifted his eyes and saw Windows 95 from
afar. And Abraham said to his young men, "Stay here with the ass, and I and
the lad will go yonder and load Windows 95 on our 286, and come again to you."
And Abraham took his computer, his old computer, his 286, and laid it on
Isaac his son. And they went both of the together.
And Isaac spoke to Abraham, his father, and said, "My father." And he
replied, "Hineni, here I am my son."
and Isaac said, "Windows 95 requires far more memory than a 286 has, how
will it possibly run on your machine?"
And Abraham looked at his son, his only son, whom he loved, and he shook
his head slowly, and perfect faith and with unswerving trust and belief in
the Almighty, he said, "Fear not Isaac, my son."
"..........................God will provide the RAM."

##
pg
==