[Jokes] why we need numbers

Chris McKenna cmckenna at sucs.org
Tue Jul 6 18:07:04 BST 2004

Last week, as part of 'Maths Week' at friend's daughter's  school, there
was a family quiz, which had tie-breaker answers, about why we need
numbers-these are some of them...

They keep maths teachers in a job.

Without them we would not have been able to do this quiz.

Because if it wasn't for numbers you wouldn't know when your birthday was.

Numbers are for LIFE, not just for school.

Without them, I wouldn't know if my pocket money was correct.

Without them the world would be chaos, like our house.

I know how many people are coming to my party.

Things don't add up without them.

Without numbers you couldn't tell the time, and you would be late for
school.

And the best one, but unfortunately not on the winning entries...

Without numbers to count on their fingers with, children would pick their
noses even more.

Almost restores your faith in human nature, doesn't it?

--
Chris 'Awkward' McKenna

cmckenna at sucs.org
www.sucs.org/~cmckenna