[Jokes] This door is alarmed

Chris McKenna cmckenna at sucs.org
Thu Jan 19 17:30:16 GMT 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------

When I worked for  the security department of a large retail
store, my duties  included responding to fire and burglar
alarms. A side door of  the building was wired with a
security alarm, because it was not  supposed to be used by
customers. Nevertheless they found the  convenience of the
exit tempting. Even a sign with large red  letters, warning
"Alarm will sound if opened," failed to deter  people from
using it.

One day, after  attending to a number of shrieking alarms,
I placed a small  handmade sign on the door that totally
eliminated the problem:  "Wet paint."

Jim S