[SUMC] Portland trip this weekend

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Wed Oct 21 12:15:50 BST 2009

Hi All

A reminder about the weekend

To come on this trip, you will need to be competent at belaying/tying in.
Most of you who've been coming regularly should be at this stage by now.

Any beginners wanting to come on the trip can you come along to the uni wall
tomorrow 7pm-9pm so one of us can show you how to lead belay.

*We'll leave from Fulton House at 17.00 on the Friday and return late Sunday
evening.  The cost is £25 for the weekend.
*
We're staying in a scout hut in Weymouth so you need to bring a roll mat and
sleeping bag, food wise we'll be providing bacon sandwiches for breakfast
each morning, going out Saturday evening for food, and stopping somewhere to
eat Friday and Sunday evenings so all you need to bring is your lunch for 2
days.
So anyone wanting to come sign up on the website (for those of you who don't
know how just go to the website click on register in the top right corner
and follow the instructions, you can then sign up for trips).  On sign up
put what gear you need (ie: harness, belay plate, shoes, helmet) and whether
you can lead.

Just to sum up a little list of stuff to bring:
food and drink
sensible clothes ie, warm clothes, waterproofs, trousers that aren't jeans
to climb in
sleeping bag + roll mat
head torch is a good idea too

Regards