[SUMC] Summer trip to the Alps

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Wed Mar 17 00:19:42 GMT 2010

Hey folks,

I've been looking at getting a trip going to the Alps this summer and would
like to get an idea as to whos interested, we'd most probably be looking at
heading to Ailefroide in the Ecrins (a national park in the south of
france). Ailefroide has a vast range of climbing activities including
bouldering, medium to long sport routes (I'm talking 5 - 15 pitches here..),
and alpine routes. Now as this is a trip outside the UK its not an official
club trip people would probably be expected to be fairly competent with what
they wish to be doing (basically we probably don't want to be instructing /
supervising people too much).

I did a few sums and get the rough estimate of £180 - £250 for 2 weeks out
there if its 3 people to a car and we drive.
So whos game?

Dudley