[SUMC] Peak district trip 16th - 18th

SUMC Committee sumc at sumc.org.uk
Tue Mar 6 14:03:58 GMT 2012

Well the trips are coming thick and fast, so heres another one about the
next WEEKEND TRIP to the peak district. If you're in the bouldering teams
for this then you 6 will be getting different instructions ;)

We're going to the* peak district* for the weekend from *Friday the 16th -
Sunday the 18th March*. Those who went last time will know how awesome it
was, so for a chance to climb on the grit read on...

Trip cost will be *£25* and will be needed to be *paid in full by NEXT
WEDNESDAY 14th March*. If you do not pay your deposit by then, we'll give
you spot to the next on the reserves. Times to pay will be at the Thursday
night session at the uni wall, Saturday (either at 08:00 before we leave or
about 19:00ish at pub on the pond when we get back), and the Monday before
dynamic rock. We may also provide a Wednesday session to anyone who has
trouble with these times.

To come you must be able to* lead belay and second routes competently*. If
you're going on the day trip this weekend and can't do either of these (but
still want to come) please make it obvious on the sign up sheet and we'll
try to accommodate you (put 'peaks practice required' or something similar)

We'll be leaving fulton house on *Friday evening*. When you sign up can you
please include the time you can be at fulton house for, as the earlier we
get there the better really. We're staying at Chinley scout hut this time
so you'll need sleeping bags + roll mats. We'll do a usual Friday night KFC
stop + a stop at the supermarket for food for the week. Chinley has cooking
facilities if you want to cook stuff, but the option for a takeaway will
also be available to those who want it. Ill go through food in a bit more
detail in the next E-mail.

The sign up sheet will be opening at *11:00 on Wednesday (7th)* for 20
spaces and we'll start taking money from then onwards. Please make sure the
sign up sheet is accurate and if you want to climb with someone in
particular please indicate this on the sheet.

The kit list is the same as normal, but again Ill send a detailed one in
the next manifestation. Also if you're a car driver then please let me know
as you may get priority over others if we don't have enough drivers.

tata rwan

Matt Ev