[mw-devel] CVS Update at silver.sucs.org: marvin

Peter Berry pwb at sucs.org
Sat May 15 21:21:11 BST 2004

CVSROOT:	/usr/local/src/cvs
Module name:	marvin
Changes by:	pwb at silver.sucs.org	04/05/15 21:21:11

Modified files:
	.              : server.sl client.sl channel.sl

Log message:
	Major changes to the command system:
	- Moved all parsing to client - not very good parsing atm, will
	probably end up using something similar to what's in mw3
	- Added say, emote, emotes (ie ".emote's"), raw and who message types
	(emotes is separate due to the "client decides how to display"
	philosophy, but is not yet implemented, I couldn't get it to work)
	- Implemented emote (command is ".emote" - .e should be an alias)
	- Moved handling of plain chat to the say command type, similarly for
	who
	- Renamed sayto_channel -> msgto_channel since it's now used for
	message types other than say

	I also tried to implement raw, but hit this error:

	S-Lang Error: Not Implemented: Binary operation between Null_Type and String_Type failed
	S-Lang Error: Not Implemented: Error while executing incoming_command

	I'm guessing this means something is missing in the slang library,
	rather than anything our end, but incoming_command seems an odd place
	for such an error to be thrown as it is just a wrapper.