[mw-devel] %files section of the mw specfile

Peter Berry pwb at sucs.org
Fri Jan 21 01:51:21 GMT 2005

I've got the specfile building and installing stuff as it should, but
there is one last problem, which is the %files section.

I have put in this section all 397 files installed by the makefile (most
of these are documentation or mud room descriptions) but I still get lots
of 'file not found' errors:

error: File not found: /home/pwb/tmp/mw3-root/usr/local/lib/mw/wizhelp/force
error: File not found: /home/pwb/tmp/mw3-root/usr/local/lib/mw/wizhelp/general
error: File not found: /home/pwb/tmp/mw3-root/usr/local/lib/mw/wizhelp/group
error: File not found: /home/pwb/tmp/mw3-root/usr/local/lib/mw/wizhelp/mesg

and so on - for *every* file. I'm led to believe by Maximum RPM that what
I actually have in the specfile - i.e., lines like

/usr/local/lib/mw/colour
/usr/local/lib/mw/colour/0.col
/usr/local/lib/mw/colour/1.col
/usr/local/lib/mw/colour/2.col
/usr/local/lib/mw/colour/3.col
/usr/local/lib/mw/colour/4.col
/usr/local/lib/mw/colour/5.col
/usr/local/lib/mw/colour/6.col
/usr/local/lib/mw/colour/7.col
/usr/local/lib/mw/colour/8.col
%doc /usr/local/lib/mw/colour/guide
<snip>
/usr/local/lib/mw/rooms/6008
/usr/local/lib/mw/rooms/10000
/usr/local/lib/mw/login.banner
%doc /usr/local/lib/mw/help
%doc /usr/local/lib/mw/help/backward
%doc /usr/local/lib/mw/help/beep
%doc /usr/local/lib/mw/help/catchup
%doc /usr/local/lib/mw/help/cd
%doc /usr/local/lib/mw/help/chat
%doc /usr/local/lib/mw/help/colour

are all I need, but why the fsck is it looking somewhere totally
different, namely /home/pwb/tmp/mw3-root ?

(note, these paths are on my local machine)

The build process also comes up with errors about not being able to find
debug info -- which is because there isn't any. How do I tell it to shut
up?

--
Peter Berry
Treasurer, Swansea University Computer Society