[mw-devel] Autoconf, LPSM

Steve Hill steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Apr 12 09:09:02 BST 2006

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006, Peter Berry wrote:

> I've written a configure.ac and Makefile.in so marvin can now use autoconf.
> Some people apparently don't like autoconf so I'm holding off checking them
> in until someone says it's OK. I'll probably write a Makefile.am later too
> (for automake).

This might be a silly question, but what exactly is the benefit of using
Autoconf for Marvin?

(And yes, I'm one of those people who dislikes it because I seem to have
spent longer debugging obscure autoconf breakages, with their completely
unintelligable error messages, than I have actually compiling the
software).

--

  - Steve