[RAG] Beer Race is coming...

Swansea RAG swansearag at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Oct 29 01:37:43 GMT 2009

Helloo!

If you havn't heard yet, RAG's biggest event The Beer Race is coming soon!

Monday 16th November see's 2000 Swansea students dressed in the most insane and random fancy dress, racing their way from Play to Lava lounge, Idols, Pitcher & Piano, Ice, Walkabout, Yates, Bar Quarter then finally Oceana! All in the name of RAG's 21 charities :D Tickets are £12 from the Ents box office (will be on sale next week) This £12 gets you entry to all 9 venues and a free drink in each! Don't worry if you dont like Beer, you can also chose from Lager, Cider, Cider and black, or Coke/Lemonade.

Alot of organising goes into an event this big, and our Raggies have been busy bees this term making sure our beloved Beer Race goes off without a hitch. If you would like to get involved with promoting this event we are in need of some of you lovely people to put up posters on campus, in halls, and in the village. There are even prizes up for grabs for those of you who manage to convince the most amount of students to display a Beer Race poster in their hall/window!!

Interested?? Come along to Fulton house on Friday 30th Oct from 11am and find us either at the front of the building or up in JC's as we will be on campus all day selling cakes and waving banners and balloons to promote breast and testicular cancer awareness (as October is national breast cancer awareness month). Aswell as selling cakes we are throwing a pre-tooters pink themed party called Pink-athon! 7pm onwards, where you lovely raggies and all your friends can enjoy a live comedy set, performances by the dance society, and a DJ to get you dancing.

If you are still interested in publicising the Beer Race, but are unable to get involved on friday, send us an email an we will arrange a time to meet up that is more convenient for you :)

Also, we are currently looking for 200 lively students to help the Beer race along smoothly on the night, so if you don't fancy running the race itself, why not volunteer to be a steward for the night? If you decide to become a much loved and respected steward you will receive:

A free T-shirt,

Free drink,

Free VIP entry to Oceana on the night,

And an invitation to the Exclusive Stewards After-Party!

Interested? Email your name, and contact details to beerrace2009 at hotmail.co.uk

Swansea University RAG - Raising and Giving

RAG is the only dedicated fundraising society at Swansea University. Last year we raised over £16,000 for charity.

For more information e-mail swansearag at hotmail.co.uk or visit www.swansea-union.co.uk/rag

Swansea University RAG
c/o Swansea University Students' Union
Union House