[RAG] Swansea RAG AGM

Swansea RAG swansearag at hotmail.co.uk
Mon May 31 17:26:48 BST 2010

Hello everyone

I hope exams have gone well and you’ve managed to enjoy some of the sunshine!

It’s time for the RAG AGM. This meeting is where we elect our committee for next year, as well as letting you know how much we have raised this year, and generally bring an end to our year. We will also hopefully be presenting some giant cheques to our charities.

The AGM will take place from 3pm on Tuesday 8th June in Fulton House Lecture Room 5 (if you don’t know where that is it’s by the JCs male toilets, there'll be a sign on the door). Below is the official notice of poll and instructions for potential candidates. If you need any more information please email swansearag at hotmail.co.uk.

Swansea University RAG

Committee Elections for 2010-2011

Notice is hereby given that the election of committee members for the academic year 2010-2011 will be held on 8th June 2010 in Fulton house Lecture Room 5 (TBC) from 3pm. The election will take place during the AGM of the society.

The positions up for election are as follows:

§        President
§        Vice-President
§        Secretary
§        Treasurer
§        Events Officer
§        Publicity and Media Officer
§        Beer Race Organiser
§        Social Secretary
§        RAG Raids Officer
§        Special Events Co-ordinator
§        RAG Mag Editor
§        RAG Reps Officer
§        Ents Liason

Candidates will be required to give a short speech about their suitability and ideas for the roles contested.

Candidates are allowed to stand for more than one position as the election will be conducted in the order as displayed.

Candidates are invited to submit a short manifesto of no more than 250 words, which will be emailed to all members before the election. These should be submitted to swansearag at hotmail.co.uk by 5pm on Sunday 6th June. Candidates who do not submit a manifesto will still be able to stand, but will not be put forwards for e-voting.

The election shall be administrated by those current committee members who are not seeking re-election.

Voting Information:

Voting will take place by secret ballot during the AGM. Candidates for each position will give a speech, and voting for each position will take place directly after the candidates for that position have spoken. All members should make every effort to attend the AGM, but if unable to attend members will be allowed to vote by email, submitted to swansearag at hotmail.co.uk by 12pm on Tuesday 8th June.

If you have any questions please email swansearag at hotmail.co.uk

Thanks

James

Swansea University RAG - Raising and Giving

RAG is the only dedicated fundraising society at Swansea University. Last year we raised over £16,000 for charity.

For more information e-mail swansearag at hotmail.co.uk or visit www.swansea-union.co.uk/rag

Swansea University RAG
c/o Swansea University Students' Union
Union House