[Xtreme] "What's going on?"

Deputy Station Manager deputy at xtremeradio.org
Wed Nov 5 10:39:05 GMT 2014

Hi all.

Firstly, an apology for how long this email has taken to send to you all.

The whole committee have been incredibly busy lately but the main reason is
that we wanted to be able to give our members as much information as
possible and that is difficult when the situation we find ourselves in is
constantly changing but here is a fairly up-to-date update.

Secondly, to all those of you who have sent me your show plans they are
great! Well done! I have read them all and will be replying to you all this
afternoon with some points and some clarifications, but all of you have
clearly really thought through your whole shows in an incredible amount of
detail and that's really important. If you haven't sent me them please do
so asap.

Thirdly, as some of our more astute members may have noticed, today is the
5th of November, and that magic date opening date of the 1st of November
has been and gone, and the studio is still not reopened. This is something
that as a committee we are all devestated about, and we all did everything
we could in order to open it sooner. Unfortunately, the union have not
responded quickly enough, and haven't been quick enough to offer us the
funding we were promised, despite frequent requests and meetings from the
committee.

With this in mind, we have unfortunately had no choice but to offer to
return members' membership fees if you want us to. Therefore, if you decide
you no longer wish to be a member please email me on deputy at xtremeradio.org
and we will be able to process this for you. Obviously, if you do decide
you wish to do this then you will no longer be a part of the radio society
when we do finally reopen.

As a committee we are doing everything we can to reopen as soon as
possible, and many in the union are assisting us with this, although it is
a mamoth task, we are confident it will be done in the next couple of
weeks. We would also like you all to know how upset we are to have to send
this email, we all love the radio station and we all miss having a station
we could actually use to output from.

P.S, this email is being sent using both SUCS and the union's email, so if
you receive it twice, apologies. Also, if you are receiving this eamil
through error please follow the instructions to remove yourself from the
list or email deputy at xtremeradio.org and I will sort it out for you all.

Sorry this is not a very interesting email, I promise the next one we send
will be a lot happier and more fun!

Also, if you have any queries, don't hesitate to email me.

Fred, deputy station manager.

--
Fred Kirby
Deputy Station Manager

disseminate, distribute or copy this email. If you have received this email
by mistake please notify the sender by email.

The contents may contain information that is confidential and may also be
privileged. Email transmissions can cause data to be corrupted, destroyed,
intercepted, lost, arrive late, arrive incomplete, or contain viruses.
Swansea University Students Union therefore does not accept liability for
any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a
result of email transmission.

Xtreme Radio accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting
directly or indirectly from the use of this email or the contents.
Liability cannot be accepted for any statements, views or opinions made
which are clearly the senders own and not expressly made on behalf of the
company below:

Xtreme Radio is a Swansea University Students Union Society, Registered
Office:-Union House, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP.