[Xtreme] EGM and other things

Deputy Station Manager deputy at xtremeradio.org
Sat May 16 14:34:34 BST 2015

Hey guys, a few messages from your committee:

EGM

Sorry for the short notice, but I wanted to make sure everyone is aware
that we have an EGM this week to fill the roles that weren't filled at the
AGM.

It's really important that we get as many people as possible to these
events so that we have a really strong committee for next year, which is
going to be a huge year for Xtreme.

The EGM is *this Wednesday the 20th May at 5pm in the waterfront office.*
The following positions which were not filled at the AGM will be available:

   - Head of News
   - Head of sport
   - Head of engineering

If you want to stand, please send a manifesto to radio at swansea-union.Co.UK
Before Tuesday.

All roles just require someone who is motivated, Engineering is about
working with Steve who is our other Head of Engineering next year and the
other roles are about coordinating our sports and news coverage how you
want, and working with the waterfront to do so.
Neither role has been filled this year but we're hoping to fill them for
next year!

An event for the Facebook event can be found:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1567073140224700/

SU Awards- Nominate us

Also, don't forget you can nominate us for awards till midnight tonight if
you want to!

http://www.swansea-union.co.uk/union/awards/

Let us know if you have any questions!
 Become a DJ!

 Sink Saturdays have the following message for any budding DJs,
particularily women!

"Ladies we need more of you behind the decks! Love Music? Want to emulate
your favourite DJs? Sink Swansea
<https://www.facebook.com/WeAreSinkSwansea> are
arranging some courses and open deck nights soon. Message them on facebook
for this wonderful opportunity! Obviously it's not exclusive to females so
anybody that is interested please feel free to message in. Cheers!"

Sink's Facebook can be found at https://www.facebook.com/WeAreSinkSwansea?,
alternatively message one of the committee and we'll get in touch with SInk
for you!

Congratulations!

Finally, a huge thank you to those of you that came along to the SU Media
Awards last week, it was a really successfull evening and it was great to
see so many of you there. A reminder of the winners:

   - Best show: Alex Poplawska
   - Best Feature (for the election coverage): Ollie Salter and Jack Page
   - Members' Member: Alex Poplowska
   - Most improved: Charlie Wright
   - Best Contribution: Steve Day
   - Best Presenter: Sara Giro Correia Susu
   <https://www.facebook.com/saragirocorreia>

If you've won an award and weren't there last night then you can collect
your prestigious award from anyone in the committee this week.

Thanks, Fred.

Don't forget to 'Like' Xtreme Radio on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/xtremeradio

Or follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/xtremeradio

And members should add themselves to the Facebook Group for up-to-date news
and an easy place to meet other members:
 https://www.facebook.com/groups/661005944013760/
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/661005944013760/>

--
Fred Kirby
Deputy Station Manager

disseminate, distribute or copy this email. If you have received this email
by mistake please notify the sender by email.

The contents may contain information that is confidential and may also be
privileged. Email transmissions can cause data to be corrupted, destroyed,
intercepted, lost, arrive late, arrive incomplete, or contain viruses.
Swansea University Students Union therefore does not accept liability for
any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a
result of email transmission.

Xtreme Radio accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage resulting
directly or indirectly from the use of this email or the contents.
Liability cannot be accepted for any statements, views or opinions made
which are clearly the senders own and not expressly made on behalf of the
company below:

Xtreme Radio is a Swansea University Students Union Society, Registered
Office:-Union House, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP.