[All-societies] All-societies e-mail

Treasurer treasurer at swansea-union.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 18:37:42 GMT 2005

Dear All,
I have had only one requests for me to forward information this week. Please
pass on relevant details to your members......

I warned you last week of the upcoming SGM this very Thursday, and there is
publicity around campus for it, so no excuses! The SGM will be held in the
Faraday Lecture Theatre at 6pm 01/12/05. Attendance by one committee member
at least from your society is compulsory, and a register will be taken of
those who turned up. A fine will be imposed for non-attendance. These rules
are in place to ensure the involvement of the student body. Please make sure
that the attending committee member gives the other members of your society
some feedback of the SGM.

Shoreline Theatre (aka the Drama Society) are performing their version of a
play called 'The Visit' at the Taliesin Theatre on the 7th and 8th of
December. The show starts both nights at 7.30pm. Please show your support to
a fellow society and go and see either, if not both performances.

The SU is still looking for models for it's body image awareness campaign
fashion show. Please contact Gemma Loyden
(womensofficer at swansea-union.co.uk) or Phil Bolton
(welfareofficer at swansea-union.co.uk) for more information.

No one has got back to me regarding their plans for their
Christmas/Easter/Summer Balls. I have event budget planners but they hardly
cover the criteria I need like locations, contract liability etc. The idea
is financially beneficial to your society, so I need feedback please,
otherwise we cannot work out a deal whereby you get cheaper prices for your
events.

The lovely Mr Dave Cornthwaite (the dude who's longboarding from Perth to
Brisbane in Australia (5,000 miles!!!)) has another request for your
attention. He needs volunteers for a naked calendar shoot in order to raise
funds for his quest and charities. Please can you let me
(treasurer at swansea-union.co.uk) or Dave (dave at boardfree.co.uk) know if you
would like to help in some sort of way. It will be very tastefully done. I
myself have volunteered. For more information regarding this fundraiser and
boardfree in general, please visit www.boardfree.co.uk. Also, if you would
like to meet Dave or help out and donate some cash, please come to the
Aussie Night in Diva's on December 2nd.

To save you money, and my patience, I have learned that it is much more
convenient for Societies to e-mail me your Event Budget Planners. Please
ensure this is done in future rather than committee members bringing in
incomplete or incorrect hard copies of the forms. After you have sent it,
please could you come and see me so that we can go over it together to iron
out any details. Directions on how to save and send a file should be at the
bottom of the form. Also, just for now, you know that bit on the Event Form
that says 'Office use' above where you're meant to sign etc.? Ignore that
and fill the form in as best you can please.

That is all. Thank you for your patience.

Owen

Owen Morris

Trysorydd
Undeb Myfyrwyr Prifysgol Abertawe