[All-societies] All-Societies E-mail

Treasurer treasurer at swansea-union.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 14:04:14 GMT 2006

Dear All,
Sorry for being unavailable this week. I have been ill with the flu, but
here I am bouncing back. Please forward relevant information to your
membership....

The Dance Society is performing its dance extraveganza "Fusion" this Friday
(tomorrow) at the Taliesin Theatre on campus at 7.30pm. This will be an
awesome show with a variety of dance performances from all of their classes
impossibly yet beautifully melded into one evenings worth of excellent
entertainment. Tickets cost £3.50 for concessions but are otherwise £5.
Please come and show your support, and of course bring anyone you can, no
one will be dissapointed!!!

Did you know.....that the SU has about £15,000 put aside to help societies
with their funding? Although some societies are aware of this and make
regular use of the grant money, it has been brought to my attention that
some of you didn't know that this money existed, and might explain why you
might be struggling to run your society. Please feel emboldened from now on
to come and ask for money for your society, however please remember that
this is not a bottomless pot of money and that certain rules and regulations
apply. Please come and see me for more details. I'll look forward to
handling your requests soon!!!

If your contact details have changed i.e. your mobile number or address,
then please let me know ASAP.

The English Society are hosting a quiz in JC's on the 16th of February.
Entry will cost £2 per team, and is set to start at 7.30pm. The prizes will
be alcohol based. This event is intended to increase society awareness and
collaboration. We hope you can contend!!!

Anyone interested in competing in the BBC's University Challange should
contact me at my e-mail address (below). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

Best wishes, your favourite treasurer,

Owen

Owen Morris

Trysorydd