[All-societies] ALL-SOCIETIES

Treasurer treasurer at swansea-union.co.uk
Fri Mar 3 17:57:06 GMT 2006

Dear All,

Please read carefully and forward any relevant information to your
membership.......

The Union Administrator and the Porters have asked me to remind you to be
careful while using the minibus. It has had to be serviced many times
recently due to damages caused by societies e.g. the sliding door. This has
meant that other societies can't use it and driving tests cannot be held.
Please have respect for our mutually used property.

I am aware that some people are getting a little confused regarding the
rules and regulations of how to access the grant funding that has been put
aside for you. I will be drafting a separate e-mail next week outlining the
key facts.

Next week is UWS' Environment Week and also, Fair Trade Fortnight begins.
Please make every effort to attend the events held throughout the fortnight,
especially the 'Get Wasted' event next 'Waste Wednesday', which will be held
all day in JC's.

Monopoly - As you may be aware from the local media, Swansea's number one
selling Christmas present this year was the Swansea Edition of Monopoly. But
who is Swansea's number one player of the number one game?

	To find the answer the Swansea branch of Shelter Cymru will be holding The
Swansea Monopoly Championship which will take place at the Marriott 	Hotel
on the 	evening of Thursday 9th March. This year Shelter Cymru, the housing
and homelessness charity in Wales, is celebrating its 25th Birthday and this
event will launch  	our birthday year in Swansea.

	We are particularly keen to see the people who are represented on the board
enter a team of two people. There is an entry fee of £20 per team (which
includes buffet 	dinner). There is no maximum number of teams that may enter
from any one company. Whilst the square may have been organised by the
University it may be more 	appropriate that the students actually play.

	Winning Moves, producers of the Monopoly Game, Chateau Rousseau De Sipian
which is part of the Howard and Palmer Group, and the Marriott Hotel have
kindly 	agreed to put up prizes for the evening. The first prize being a
case of wine valued at some £250.

Vagina Monologues is back!! It will be staged in Diva's on 7th March and in
Idol's on the 8th. Tickets are available from the box office. All money will
donated to Swansea Women's Aid so please support his event! The script is
quite something so not one to be missed!!
Asian Society - Kissmet, the UK's only bhangra/rock East/West fusion band
are to record their first video and later that same day, perform at Monkey,
13 Castle Street, Swansea on Saturday 18th March 2006.
	The deal:
	We'll be looking to shoot video footage from 2pm to around 7pm ish. We'll
need approximately 40 - 50 people for this and we're looking for volunteers
who 	are going to be up for getting involved, dressing up and having a good
time. It won't be easy but it'll be a lot of fun and when the video comes
out, we'll all be 	famous (in our own teacup)!
	We're then taking a break and taking to the stage for real around 11.30pm.
This will be part of the club night so we're hoping to get a good audience
there too. 	We'll be shooting some footage during the live gig too to
include in the video so even if you can't make it to the afternoon shoot but
can make it to the night, 	there's still a good chance of getting your face
on screen.
	As this is our first video, we don't really know yet how long things are
going to take but, we'll be chilled out, relaxed and are going to be having
a good time. 	It'll also be a great time to meet you all properly and enjoy
the company.
	Attached is a press release for anyone who you'd like to pass the
information onto.
	So, if you'd like to join us on the day or get involved in any other way
(makeup, lights, props, ideas, etc) please do not hesitate to contact 299567
@swan.ac.uk <mailto:299567 at swan.ac.uk>, 07813 650543 (Pavan) or Ron - 07931
325838

	Look forward to hearing from you and seeing many of you soon.

Drama Society -  Shoreline Theatre's next production will be of the classic
Greek farce, Lysistrata. It will be performed in the Taliesin Theatre on the
23rd and 24th of March. It begins at 7.30pm and tickets will be £3.50 for
student card holders and other concession, and £5 for those without.

The LGBT Society is holding its annual Bunny Ball. Please see the attachment
for further details. (PowerPoint document).

Tel: 01792 295469
Fax: 01792 206029

treasurer at swansea-union.co.uk

www.swansea-union.co.uk