[All-societies] FINAL Handover pack reminder (and some other business)

Andy Fay treasurer at swansea-union.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 16:19:39 BST 2008

Hello all,

Thanks to the societies that have been prompt after my last email and given me their handover packs, however I’m still missing quite a few, some of which I know are still active this year! Any outstanding ones have to get to me by Friday, as I will start stripping the out of date society boards on that day. If you can’t get me a pack by then and don’t want to lose your board, make sure you email me! That’s all from me, below is a message from John Follet and Lleu Williams for your attention, please read carefully and take note!

This is a message to all SU societies informing them of a change in where the Societies are trained and what resources are available to societies, and to remind them of two specific issues which are mandatory. Firstly, there is going to be a change in the office of John Follett, the SU Research and representation advisor, who is going to be moved to the old Ents office on the third floor of the SU building. Once this occurs, more area will be available for societies when they need to be trained or require a room to hire out. Secondly, if your society committee has not been trained either last year or this year, or there are members who have been replaced by untrained replacements, please organise your mandatory society training with John Follett  at johnfollett at swansea-union.co.uk.  Training will be available from the 3rd of November, after the move to the new office. Also, this is a polite reminder to all societies that all society publicity has to be available in Welsh as well as English, and translation facilities are available through welshtranslator at swansea-union.co.uk . Society publicity that is to be translated has to be sent five working days before hand to ensure sufficient time is available for translation.

Dyma neges i bob Gymdeithas yn yr Undeb i’w gyfarwyddo nhw a’r newidiadau ynglŷn â sut mae cymdeithasau yn cael eu hyfforddi, pa adnoddau sydd ar gael iddynt, ac i atgoffa nhw am ddau fater penodol sydd yn orfodol.  Yn gyntaf, mi fydd yna newid yn swyddfa John Follett, Ymgynghorwr Ymchwil a Cynrychiolaeth yr Undeb Myfyrwyr – bydd y swyddfa nawr yn yr hen swyddfa ENTS ar drydedd llawr adeilad yr Undeb Myfyrwyr.  Pan fydd hyn yn digwydd mi fydd mwy o le ar gyfer cymdeithasau pan fod rhaid iddynt gael eu hyfforddi neu eisiau llogi ystafell.  Yn ail, os nad yw pwyllgor eich cymdeithas wedi cael ei hyfforddi blwyddyn ddiwethaf neu flwyddyn yma, neu os oes yna aelodau sydd wedi cael eu hailosod gyda rhywun sydd heb ei hyfforddi, trefnwch eich hyfforddiant gorfodol gyda John Follet: johnfollet at swansea-union.co.uk.  Mi fydd hyfforddiant ar gael o’r 3ydd o Dachwedd ar ol symud i’r swyddfa newydd. Hefyd, mae hyn yn nodyn bonheddigar I oll gymdeithasau fod oll cyhoeddusrwydd cymdeithasau i fod yn ddwyieithog ac mae’n rhaid iddo fod ar gael yn Gymraeg ynghyd ag Saesneg, ac mae cyfleusterau cyfieithu ar gael trwy welshtranslator at swansea-union.co.uk. Mae’n rhaid i gyhoeddusrwydd sydd i’w gyfieithu cael ei ddanfon pum diwrnod gwaith o flaen llaw er mwyn fod yna ddigon o amser i gywiro popeth.

Andy Fay

Trysorydd/Treasurer

Swansea University Students Union

T: 01792 295469