[SUCS Devel] Quick Project

Chris Jones rollercow at sucs.org
Sun Mar 16 19:35:03 GMT 2008

On 6 Mar 2008, at 18:53, Oliver Head wrote:

> Don't suppose someone would like a quick coding project for Xtreme...
>
> To display metadata on our Icecast stream...ie/ Artist - Title.
>
> All song information is stored on \\Studio1\ZaraRadio\CurrentSong.txt
>
> The file simply stores Artist - Title, ie/ Rolling Stones - The
> Last Time
>
> If that could be added, excellent!
>
> Extra code needed:
>
> Any file containing a '~' (no quotes) needs to be ignored and a
> generic message displayed if that is possible. The generic message
> should be 'Student Radio For Swansea' (no quotes).
>
> Also, can the generic message be displayed after 8 minutes of no
> CurrentSong.txt update...(ie/ a live show is on).

Done,

Requires a cifs mount on xstream

`mount -t cifs -o defaults,ro,soft,guest,netdev //137.44.19.184/
ZaraRadio /mnt/`

This will probably fall over if the other end is rebooted or
unavailable.

Let me know if you find any problems.

Script can be found at http://projects.sucs.org/projects/staff/
browser/trunk/tools/xtreme/metadata.py