Cefn Bryn, Woebly Castle and the Round the World Pub Crawl

uwshiking uwshiking at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 12:43:57 GMT 2003

Greetings!
Apologies again for the cancelled walk this Sunday, refunds are available from sign ups. The minibus we had been allocated had been involved in an accident on Saturday, and unfortunately we weren't informed. We may be running the walk again sometime next semester, keep an eye out for it!

So, what a week we've got coming up! There's no excuses for being bored, the only problem may be how to fit it all in!

Firstly, there's the Cefn Bryn Night Hike this Tuesday 11th November (that's tomorrow). Costing £2.00, this A grade walk to the top of the 'Gower backbone' is one not to be missed, with the added dimension and excitement of the fact that it's gonna be really DARK!!! Time to test our navigation skills then! But hurry, there's only six places left, so if you want to come, let us know asap by replying to this email. We'll be meeting at 6.00pm at the minibus bays behind union house (in front of the dentist's surgery) any problems finding it, let me know.

Next up is our (almost) famous Round the World Pub Crawl, the hiking clubs very own version of the mumbles mile, this Friday 15th November. Each pub on the mile becomes a country as we go round the globe, stopping at Spain, France, Ireland and Mexico among others, and at each stop, drinking a drink from that country. Not as easy as it sounds, though. Spanish wine? An Irish Guinness maybe? How about France? Get the idea? Meet us in the White Rose in Mumbles at 7.30pm, for your passport round the world!

Our walk this Sunday 17th November takes us back to the Gower, but this time to the North, to Woebly Castle. This gentle A walk takes us to the less well known part of this area of outstanding natural beauty, starting from Llanrhidian and walking past the castle, and heading down to the coast at Llangennith. Walk costs £2.50

Also this week, your chance to sign up for our weekend away to Shropshire, from Friday 21st to Sunday 23rd November. The weekend will cost £25, and is B/C graded. You can sign up at the usual walk sign ups Wednesdays and Fridays between 12.00 and 1.00. Hurry, places will be limited. Ask at sign ups for more info.

Also available now, tickets for the hiking club annual Christmas Dinner, December 3rd at the Oxwich Bay Hotel. Ticket price is £15 for members and non-members, and includes a full three course meal, free drink on arrival, disco, raffle, and transport there and back. What else could you ask for? So get your party clothes out, get yourself a ticket, and put it in your diary!

Ok, that's all from me for this week (unless I've forgotten something).
See you around,
Sarah :)